EnvisionTEC, a manufacturer of proprietary 3D printing solutions, unveiled the newest 3D printer in its 3SP line, the Xede® 3SP™.
Earlier in 2013, EnvisionTEC introduced their new 3SP™ (Scan, Spin and Selectively Photocure) technology. This new approach to 3D printing employs a multi-cavity laser diode with an orthogonal mirror spinning at 20,000 rpm. One of the advantages of this technology is that it expands on the build size capability of EnvisionTEC’s DLP technology, enabling EnvisionTEC to produce 3D printers with a large format such as the new Xede® 3SP™. With a build envelope of 18" x 18" x 18", the Xede® 3SP™ allows for the production of exceptionally large 3D parts, build at fast build speeds without sacrificing surface quality and part accuracy. Highly accurate parts can be printed quickly from STL files regardless of geometric complexity with no signs of stairstepping on the inner and outer surfaces. Each 3D printer is delivered and installed with all the relevant software to enable automatic generation of supports and perfect model production.
The Xede® 3SP™ from EnvisionTEC can be used to produce everything from concept models to functional parts.
- A single material is used for both build and easily removable, partially cured perforated supports
- Very few moving parts make the system user-serviceable
- Office friendly plug-and-play operation with a built-in touch screen and quiet operation
- Low part cost due to minimal material waste
- Produce everything from concept models to functional parts
- Can connect directly to a PC workstation or be integrated into a network for pre-processing of the job files and for remote monitoring
- The system has a stand-alone PC, which allows it to work independently from the pre-processing workstation
For more information, visit: www.envisiontec.com/announcing-xede-3sp