DWS announced a significant portfolio expansion that is designed to extend its additive manufacturing leadership and presence globally. The company released several new advanced SL printers, including the first-ever fully automated high-speed all-in-one Stereolithography manufacturing cell.
"This is a very exciting and defining moment for our company," said Maurizio Costabeber, General Manager of DWS. "For over two decades we have been pioneering and disrupting segments of the additive manufacturing industry with our innovative Stereolithography systems and materials to the benefit of our customers," continued Maurizio. "We are taking bold steps to make additive manufacturing 4.0 real and affordable through our groundbreaking new products," concluded Maurizio.
The company unveiled the XCELL 3D, the first-ever fully automated high-speed integrated all-in-one Stereolithography manufacturing cell that delivers a seamless push-button solution from file to part fast.
The revolutionary XCELL takes DWS's legendary print quality to a new level by using a new printing process that delivers both outstanding speed, precision, and post-processing integration within a single manufacturing cell.
The XCELL automated 3D printer can deliver direct casting molds, and ready-to-use parts using DWS tailored polymers at standard manufacturing tolerances as well as at the most demanding dental and jewelry resolution. The integrated All-In-One solution delivers greater print speed and eliminates the labor associated with washing and curing manual labor altogether. Simply load a file and click the print button, and the printer will autonomously print, wash, cure, and deliver a ready-to-use part at a fraction of the time it takes using other printers. For greater ease-of-use, DWS also integrated its revolutionary XPOD cartridge, a clean and simple system that speeds up the entire process and facilitated fully autonomous printing.
The company is also decisively expanding its professional-grade desktop offering with two new models. In a direct response to its customers' request, DWS is leveraging its successful professional-grade XFAB desktop 3D printer to introduce three new models; the XFAB 2000; and the XFA B2500 and XFAB 3500.
The new XFAB 2000 leverages DWS's innovative XFAB desktop platform and is equipped with the latest professional grade printers, including proprietary integrated material and vat management and the new generation of BluEdge laser. It is the ideal 3D printer to achieve ready-to-use smooth surfaces.
The new XFAB 2500 is perfect for design prototyping, digital dental modeling, and artisanal jewelry making, as well as education. It packs the legendary DWS industrial-grade resolution and boasts cylindrical print area of 180mm in diameter, and is compatible with 12 DWS performance materials that are tailored for specific applications.
The XFAB 2500 is available in the following models:
- XFAB 2500SD comes with the added flexibility of DWS Professional version of Nauta software that includes manual settings for customized parameters of tailored materials and a wider range of functional materials. It is the ideal multipurpose printer for professional applications.
- XFAB 2500HD is DWS's jewelry workhorse. In combination with its industry recognized jewelry materials, this printer delivers outstanding results for high volume jewelry production application. It comes equipped with unique beam delivery systems that have been tailored for jewelry manufacturing including demanding filigree designs.
- XFAB 2500PD is DWS's dental-Lab professional printer. It combines large print volume with the highest resolution, delivering remarkable productivity. It comes with the most comprehensive range of proven dental materials that are tailored for the broadest range of dental application.
The XFAB 3500 is available in the following models:
- XFAB 3500SD is an advanced version in the XFAB family. This printer combines a higher resolution and larger print envelope to deliver exceptional design and manufacturing prototypes and functional parts, as well as precious metal casting for jewelry and models for rubber molding.
- XFAB 3500HD is DWS's advanced jewelry manufacturing system. In combination with its industry-recognized jewelry materials, this printer delivers production quality and throughput for high volume jewelry production application. It comes equipped with DWS advanced beam delivery systems that have been tailored for jewelry manufacturing.
- XFAB 3500PD is DWS's advanced dental-lab manufacturing printer. It combines large volume with the highest resolution, delivering remarkable productivity. It comes with the most comprehensive range of proven dental materials that are tailored for the broadest range of dental applications.
Finally, the company announced the immediate availability of a new industrial-grade large-format 3D printer, starting at $100,000. XPRO S shares DWS's large-format industrial-grade platform, its top of the line O30S quad-laser system, and boasts a print platform of 300 x 300 x 300mm. It was developed specifically for large companies that require a large printing area to quickly produce high-quality, high-resolution precision models such as: realistic models, concept models, functional prototypes, and prototypes of consumer products. This 3D printing system is notable for its silent operation, and for the resolution and precision of the objects produced for every application. This is also due in part to the vast range of materials that DWS has developed specifically for the industrial sector: ABS-like, polypropylene-like, rubber-like, and transparent materials; nano-ceramic resins; materials for investment casting models and silicone molding masters; and many more.